Thursday 14 June 2012

Where do I go from here?


"Where do we go from here?"
Such question is frequently asked by high school graduates. Well I personally have plans to go:

I am inspired by John F. Kennedy’s famous call to service: “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” Therefore, I believe that each of us has the opportunity and responsibility to make the world a better place.
As we know, nowadays several countries in the world are haunted by the threat of global crisis. Not only that, the world is also facing serious problems related to natural resources degradation, energies, environment, and foods. There is therefore these global issues demand leaders who can work in dynamic, contested arenas with public, private and nonprofit stakeholders across geopolitical, economic, and cultural boundaries.

The branch that interests me the most is Innovation and Economics studies. Economics is the study of how consumers, firms, and government make decision that together determines how resources are allocated. The general working of the economy has become increasingly necessary to make sense of governmental policy-making, the conduct of business, and the enormous changes in economic systems occurring throughout the world. It is therefore by studying Innovation and Economics studies I can contribute to international development.

As a developing country, my country Indonesia is still facing major challenges such as  climate change, poverty, clean water, and enough income to live on with dignity. Indonesia’s economy relies on natural capital assets, such as agriculture, forest resources, biodiversity, tourism, minerals and oil extraction. There is tendency in which the effort to maintain the environmental function and the utilization of natural resources are still far from what was expected. There is therefore governments have a role to play in putting in strategies and policy reforms.


I have a dream to contribute to national development by actualizing green economy. Bringing energy to the rural poor is one of the most important contributions that a green economy can make to developing country. In addition to energy, agriculture sector can also increase yields and revenues, open up new market opportunities and reduce climate change and environmental vulnerability. By increasing investment and technical support, and implementing policy reforms to encourage such practices, significant gains can be achieved.

To succeed in this journey and make the dream reality, after graduating from Japan, I would like to take master degree to deepen my study. I am planning to take master in Public Administration/International Development. The study will help to expand and enrich my technical understanding and policy expertise while providing leadership skills and strategies to effect change. After finishing my master degree, I would like to have international experience by working in international development institutions or multinational companies to demonstrate my competence in economics and leadership in international development. Then, after I feel fulfilled enough with international experience I will go back to Indonesia and make my dreams come true.


2 comments: